I WANT MY SKATER TO PROGRESS QUICKLY! We offer multiple sessions per week and your child will progress much faster if they enrol in multiple sessions. EGSC has special pricing for multiple day registration so it is economical to skate more! Please Contact Us for pricing for multiple day Pre-CanSkate sessions.
QUESTIONS? Contact our Skating Programs Director and Professional Coach, Lianne Sherriff at firstname.lastname@example.org
NEW PROGRAM FOR 2021/22 SEASON!
PARENT & TOT PRECANSKATE AT
EAST GWILLIMBURY SKATING CLUB!
New for the 2021/22 season, we are offering this PreCanSkate option for parents/guardians to provide the physical hands-on assistance to help their skater become independent on the ice. Parents/guardians join their skater on the ice and are instructed by our NCCP certified professional coaches along with their child. It is intended for skaters with little to no skating experience who would benefit from having a skating parent on the ice with them. Through the use of music, interactive games, skill circuits, progressions and activities, we encourage young skaters to become comfortable on the ice. The role of the parent/guardian is to encourage their skater to try to do the things the coaches are instructing them to do on their own. Both skaters and parents/guardians require well-fitted, sharpened skates and will follow Skate Canada’s helmet policy and wear a CSA approved hockey helmet until passed Stage 5 CanSkate.
· Each skater is required to have one adult accompany them during the class the adult
· Parent/Guardian must wear skates and be steady on skates to participate (good support, well-fitted and sharpened!)
· Siblings will not be allowed on the ice
· Skaters and Parent/Guardian MUST wear a CSA approved “hockey” helmet
· Parent/guardian must be added as a participant in your Uplifter account and register for the Parent and Tot PARENT class. An additional Skate Canada fee of $43 will be applied in order to have insurance on the ice.